
I was convinced to start this blog because the family was locked in all weekend due to the blizzard that hit Cleveland. My friends Kristy, Tara and Michelle have been blogging about their lives recently and I always enjoy reading their stories. I'm not so good about emailing pictures regularly and I think this might be a way to keep everyone current on what's going on.
It started Friday afternoon around 4pm and did not let up until 11pm on Saturday night. I've never seen so much snow in my life, which is sort of hard to believe because I grew up in the snow belt. Saturday started out slow with lots of coffee and Jeremy showing the kids monster trucks on youtube. One of their favorite things is watching construction and monster trucks, Leah included. After spending the morning inside looking out the window hoping for a slow down, we fed them and put Leah to bed. Carter wouldn't sleep so he and Jeremy went out to start a campfire, as if our neighbors don't already think we're crazy!

He had to dig down into the snow to find the fire pit and he even cheated and used a starter log to get it going. Believe it or not, it burned all day. At one point, Carter was drinking hot chocolate, with marshmallows of course, and Dad was enjoying a beer laying in a snow pile. They had a lot of fun and made the most of the day.
By late afternoon, we were determined to get out of the house. We went out to dinner at one of only 3 restaurants we could find open in a five mile radius. On the way home, we drove through town and instead of seeing other cars, we saw a pack of snowmobilers which was pretty cool. There were a few kids snowboarding down the big hill in town as well. We made it home thanks to my mother in law's AWD pilot. The snow finally stopped as we headed to bed. Thank goodness Sunday brought sunshine and clear skies. Now let's just hope the big melt doesn't flood anyone's home!!
6 comments:
HOORAY!!! You started a blog!!! Did we finally bug you enough that you we're like, "Enough already!?!" :)
I cannot believe all of the snow you have there! We were supposed to get that same blizzard, but it just hit the southern part of Indiana.
You guys are cool parents. There is no way that I would even think to go outside and start a campfire. You rock!
Yea! It worked! Looking forward to following the Kler family antics. Loved the beer outside by the fire, wish we were there!
I cannot believe all of the snow you had! It would have shut down our city for 2 weeks - people freak out completely over an inch. How fun to get snowed in - although I'm sure you were ready for a thaw after a couple days. :-)
Jen, your kids are SO cute! I love the picture of the boys in the snow....maybe my dad would have played in the snow with us girls if we'd bribed him with beer?
Hi Jen! Glad you started a blog. Now we can keep up with your growing family! By the way, congratulations on number 3!!! Maybe Kristy will catch up...tee hee! Looks like last weekend, although trying for you, I'm sure, was one you will remember for a long time...and Carter, too! Love the campfire!!!
Happy 2nd birthday, Leah!!! Tell your mom that would make a great posting. :)
Jen! Congratulations on joining us in the world of blogging! I look forward to reading up on all the Kler family excitement. Hope the pregnancy is going well!
Post a Comment