Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Water Park

We spent Sunday and Monday at Kalahari and it was fun for all. I honestly can't remember a time the kids have been so pumped for so many hours straight, which for Jeremy and I, was the best part. This morning, Leah asked to go swimming and wanted to put her suit on. I had to explain that we're back home now and unfortunately that means 50 degrees - coats and sunglasses (if we're lucky).

I have to thank Kristy and the Worthington fam for suggesting this as a v/c spot. They go every year with Joel's family. We wanted to take the kids somewhere fun before the baby is born and their world changes a bit and we'll be less likely to venture out this summer. Plus, Jeremy's busy season at work is about to start so it was a good time to take a quick trip.

There was so much to do for all ages. Even being pregnant, I enjoyed the wave pool and of course the lazy river. I could have floated around on that tube for hours. Noone really shared my enthusiasm so it was back to water slides!


I think they must have gone down these slides at least a 100 times. We rotated between the kiddie play area, the giant wave pool and the large water slides. I couldn't get any pictures of Carter on the big slide because the camera would have gotten wet. It rains in pretty much all areas of this section. Being pregnant, I couldn't go on the "big kid" slides with Jeremy. We'll have to go back when Mommy is not prego.





By Monday at check-out we were wiped!!! We headed home and then took the kids hiking in the afternoon (after a two hour nap). I'm all for the mini weekend vacations.


4 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Hooray!!! I'm so glad you had such a blast!! I loved all of the pictures and can't wait to hear more details. They didn't have the wave pool last year so I am pumped to check that out this year. :)

I am super impressed that you even went back and did a 2 hour hike with the kids. You are too good!!

La Belle Vie said...

Wow! It looks like your family had a great getaway! Your kiddies are soooo adorable!

APMom said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I love the little weekend getaways too. Sometimes that all I can handle! :)

Aunt H said...

I really want to go to Kalahari - Kristy rants and raves about it! It looks like so much fun. The kids are so adorable - I love little kids in swim suits!

You guys are great parents to do such active things. I would be exhausted doing all of those things by myself!