Sunday, July 6, 2008

We're moving

There's lots to do in the next few weeks. Jeremy and I sold our house in Chagrin and we're moving to South Russell where we'll have a little more space to spread out. Indy will be happier with the bigger yard and it's in a subdivision where the kids will be safer and have more room to play. We were on a pretty busy street before. I'll miss the house since it's where we spent our first 5 1/2 years of marriage and had our first two kids. On to new beginnings.... The title should transfer to the new owners today and then we close on our new place next Thursday. We'll be tearing out old carpet and putting hardwood in the master bedroom before moving in.

In the meantime, we've been living with my parents since Memorial Day, which has been great! They have an apartment above their garage so we have our own space part of the time. We hang out in the backyard quite a bit as well. Carter has now been digging up their yard! It's nice to have time at home with my mom during the day and the kids love being with Grandma and Grandpa. They're a bit spoiled here, so we'll have to detox them from all the treats and popsicles they've enjoyed during our stay. I'll post some pics of the new place soon .

We left some artifacts that we found in the wall at the East Cottage Street house and I wrote the new owners a little welcome letter. Things found in the wall included a 100 dollar check from 1907, some very old medicine bottles, a change purse, a small newspaper article and some other trinkets. The house was built in 1881 and we cut part of the stairwell wall out in order to get some larger furniture up the stairs. Anyhow, I hope the new owners love the house as much as we have. We found out from the realtors that they are moving from Chicago, as the wife is from Chagrin and they were married a few years ago. We also found out through some friends that the wife's parents live on our new street...small world! It's in a great location for a young couple, restaurants and wine bar close by as well as the park and village. As for us, I'm ready for something much quieter! Wow, I feel old writing that. But, it's the truth, especially after being back at my parents' place in Newbury where I grew up. A little more land and space will be great!

1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

I can't wait to see your new place! I LOVED your old house but am excited for you guys that you'll all have more room. That's so cool that you found all of those artifacts in the wall. Was the newspaper article about a man and a wife who got divorced over one of them losing a check for $100? Just kidding!

By the way, I had to laugh about the "detox" comment. That cracked me up!!!