Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween

Carter was a dinosaur and Leah was a fairy princess this year for Halloween. We carved pumpkins with the kids, although they really just watched. The inside was too "yucky" and they couldn't use the knives to carve. So, they told us what they wanted the pumpkins to look like and Jeremy and I carved away. Carter wanted a truck pumpkin, but settled for a simple face (I'm limited on my art/carving skills!).

Steve is really into Halloween and had all the supplies to make some pretty fancy pumpkins. His turned out really cool - wish I had a picture!




Here they are at the end of the night, overdosed on chocolate! Even by the end, we never quite got the pattern down. Knock on the door, say trick or treat when they answer, then ONE piece of candy, thank you very much and off you go. Instead, they would knock and just stare at the person waiting to see what the treat was. No "trick or treat", No "thank you" (until prompted by Jer or I). Just stare in amazement that someone would just hand out candy. Hopefully, by next year we'll get the routine down!!!

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

What cute pictures, Jen! I love the one of you with your 3 kids. Whoa, did I just say that? I still can't believe you have 3! I love their costumes, by the way! And don't worry so much about the pattern. My kids FINALLY got it this year, but that could be because they walked around with other kids and they all helped each other remember all of the steps. :)

Pigtail Mama said...

Hi Jen! Oh, my goodness. Your kids are so incredibly cute! I can't believe how big they are all getting! They look so adorable in their costumes. Congratulations on the arrival of Elliot. He is just too precious! You have a beautiful family! :)