Our friend Troy was in town for the weekend. The kids especially loved having him come visit. They called him Uncle Troy and followed him around the entire time. Here's Leah with the Tinkerbell table we gave her. She's been taking it back and forth b/w the deck and dining room since Sunday, eating her meals and snacks with Carter. I tried to sit with her once and she told me "No, Mommy, that chair is for Carter!" Probably a good thing. They're not exactly built for adults.

After she got up from her nap on Sunday, she put on one of her summer dresses! I had gotten her a little tiara to wear for the party since it was her special day.
The kids played in the yard most of the party. Here's Kenny (Hayden's dad) pushing Kate and Leah on the swings.
I made her a Tinkerbell cake. She later put the candle in her room as a decoration and keeps pretending to blow it out.
One thing I love about the timing of Leah's birthday is that it's so close to spring. She was given a few adorable spring dresses and all the colors are bright and cheery, signifying the end of dreary winter!!
Jeremy's aunt and uncle gave her some dress up jewelry and a wand. She would not put the wand down and opened the rest of the presents with one hand.
Jeremy's sisters growing up all played with a doll rocker, built by Jeremy's dad. For Leah's birthday, they refinished it and gave it to her with a new doll. We'll pass it along to the next granddaughter too. Leah was so excited!! Here she is wrapping up the doll in her blanket.
On Monday, while I was on the computer, she took one of Elliot's diapers and put it on her doll. You can see the rocker behind her. It's really sharp!
Following Kristy's lead, I posted several of my favorite Leah pics from her 3 year journey thus far....Born with a full head of hair, we were so happy to hear the doctor announce, "It's a girl!!". I never realized how I'd feel having a daughter and always assumed I'd have boys, probably because I never had a sister. She's been such a blessing to Jeremy and I. She livens up our home and is tons of fun to be around.
Leah's first Halloween, a little ladybug.
First Christmas
Leah loves hanging out with Daddy. Jeremy usually leaves before she gets up in the morning. Just in case though, each morning when she gets out of bed, she runs to the top of the stairs and yells, "Daddy, you down there?". If by chance he's still in the kitchen, she barrels down the stairs to say goodbye.
Her hair was so long as a baby.
1 Year, after a haircut
18 months


Since Leah was a baby, she's always sucked her fingers. We've tried to get her to give them up, but I won't be surprised if she never does. It's like part of her personality.
Leah's laugh is contageous. Here she is with big brother and Pop-Pop. She's always trying to be funny and joke around with Carter, trading giggles all day long.
Here she is just after Elliot was born, transitioning from little sister to big sister.
She loves to get dirty.
My mom saved a nightgown she had made for me when I was little and it fits Leah now. She loves blankets and stuffed animals. On this night recently, she had surrounded herself with her favorite snuggy blankets before falling asleep.







3 comments:
Happy 3rd Brithday, Leah!
Jen, I adore the picture of Leah climbing up the bottom of the slide. What a sweetheart!
What an awesome post, Jen!! I thought about her on Sunday and wondered if you were having a party. She looked so adorable in her party dress and tiara! Great job on the cake. :)
I loved seeing all of the pictures from when she was a baby until now. What a great trip down memory lane! She is one of the most beautiful little girls I know with her bright eyes and infectious smile. She even made quite an impression on Joel--he thinks she is a trip! I only wish we lived closer so we could see her and her cute brothers more often. Happy birthday, Leah!
Oh, she is just precious! What a beautiful princess! I hope she had a very happy third birthday! I love all of the pictures of her looking back- she is such a doll. :)
Post a Comment