Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Country Lights

We joined some friends at Country Lights, a Christmas event at a farm park nearby. We had never been in the past and we were excited for a new Christmas outing with the kids. Here they are in line for Santa's workshop, snacking on some popcorn. Debbie and I took the kids to Wendy's on the way so we could have dinner. Then we met the dads there after work.


The kids each picked out a wooden toy to build. Then they were paired up with one of Santa's elves. Carter chose a jet and Leah chose Tinkerbell. Here's Carter using the drill. Each toy consisted of three pre-cut pieces of wood. They then assembled the toy and painted it. What a cool experience for them. It was amazing how well organized everything was and the elves were really good with the kids. Plus, what's better than power tools...Carter was so intense about getting it right!
Elliot just watched, sporting the safety goggles.
Here's Leah hammering away.

The painting was so messy but lots of creativity took place! They even had glitter. Thank goodness there were paint shirts.


The jet, after drying at home for several daysLeah's Tinkerbell
After, they finished with the toys, Santa was waiting in another room. Carter and Leah were excited to meet him and ask for a remote control jet and doll. Elliot wanted nothing to do with Santa!
At the end we rode a horse drawn carriage through the freezing cold. There was a path through the park with lights set up everywhere. I would have taken pictures, but I was too cold to take my gloves off!

1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

I told Joel that I was so impressed you were doing this. I don't even like the idea of bundling up to ride in a cold car--let alone a sleigh ride outside! I think it's so neat that they let the kids build wooden toys. What a great experience! Glad you guys had fun. :)