It's been kind of a yucky week of not feeling great. It started with a blocked duct which led to mastitis. Then I got a cold and another blocked duct. Still on the antibiotic and hoping it works because I'm still pretty sore. Yesterday, I had to call in for reinforcements b/c I just couldn't get through the day! Thankfully, my mom came and picked up the three older kids for the afternoon. By the time she arrived, I was in tears. It was the first breakdown since giving birth. Being sick while taking care of toddlers and the pain and fever were horrible...I just couldn't do anything and it's like they know when you're weak! When my mom walked in and I broke down, Carter got so worried. He came over and just stared at me. Then he told my mom that "mommy needs some quiet time.", which only made me cry more.
I went to the doctor and then spent the afternoon in bed with Brooks, nursing on and off and sleeping. I felt a lot better last night. Today is a sunny warm day, supposed to top out in the high 30's. I think we'll take a walk. Hopefully the fresh air will be good for all!!
Thanks again to mom for saving me during my very lowest time and of course to Jeremy who took over for all evening duties! He even cleaned the kitchen...I'm a lucky lady.
1 comment:
Ouch...that is no fun, Jen! That is definitely such a painful thing, and I definitely don't blame you for breaking down! I'm so glad that you actually called your mom for some help. I know sometimes we like to think we are tough and can handle things on our own, but there are definitely times when you need to put yourself first so you can get well. I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment