Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Brooks - 3 Months!

On April 24th, Brooks turned 3 months old. He had a cold at the time and still has a bit of a cough, but is recovering. He's been doing great otherwise. He rolled over a few times from his tummy to his back, but needed me to help put his arm up first. The big news...he sucks his fingers just like Leah. We can't believe it. I really tried hard this time to push the pacifier, just so we could eventually take it away. At first, he took it, but as soon as he could figure out how to get his hand to his mouth, he started sucking his fingers, the middle two. It's really adorable, but I'm sure we'll still be battling it when he's 4! Must be some genetic thing, 3 out of 4 kids. :- )

His eyes are still blue and his hair gets crazier every day. I'm thinking about cutting it, at least trimming around the ears. The mowhawk doesn't bother me so much. Brooks smiles and cooes a lot now. He also started to laugh a bit. He loves when the other kids talk to him. Leah is the one that is most interested in playing with him and often lays with him under the play gym. Or, she'll bring him 50 toys and surround his entire body with things "for Brooks to play with", even though he just lays there and bats at things. Leah talks and sings to him anytime she can. Carter told me the other day that Brooks will probably like trucks too, just like he and Elliot. And, since Elliot is starting to talk more, he likes to point out his body parts. I'm constantly blocking Brooks' face so he doesn't lose an eye.





I love this picture. I just want to tickle his little armpit!




1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

Happy 3 Months, Brooks! This is too cute...I am holding Reid right now and he is wearing the same dinosaur outfit as Brooks. I had to do a double-take when I saw that picture. So cute!

I love seeing pictures of him smiling and--you're right--the one with him holding his arm out is a total invitation for tickling. :) I love that Leah loves to play with him and that Elliot is into pointing out his body parts. It's so great that your kids are so into him!