Carter's class is beginning to read! Crazy that he's only in pre-school, but he's in with the old fives. These are the kids that maybe could have gone to Kindergarten this year (summer/fall bdays) or just miss the deadline, so the teacher introduces some Kindergarten stuff.
His teacher sent home a list of sight words and asked us to start practicing and continue throughout the summer. So, we looked over the list and Carter knew the word "go"!!!! I was so excited for him. There's something really amazing about your kid learning to read. I probably should settle down...it's just one word, just two letters nonetheless. Still exciting though. I wonder what his first book will be.
1 comment:
It IS exciting when your kid starts to read! I'm a teacher, and I was still excited when my own kid started reading words. "Go" was one that Reese first read, too...I still remember b/c we had about 20 flashcards, and she was thrilled that she could sound that one out. Way to go, Carter!
Post a Comment