Thursday, June 17, 2010

Last Day of Preschool



May 20th was Carter and Leah's last day of pre-school and Carter's "graduation". He'll be off to Kindergarten in the fall. I thought I would surely be sad about him moving on, but I couldn't help but be excited. He seems to be really ready for the next phase and I know I'll still be at the preschool a million more times with Leah, Elliot and Brooks. There was a concert and lunch program, so here they are all dressed and ready to go.




On the way into school. Carter had a meltdown b/c I asked him to not wear his socks with sandals. I caved and let him put them back on for school if he would take them off before the show. However, he marched out on the altar with them on not holding up his end of the bargain! :-) Oh well!
Miss Susan, a wonderful teacher!!! She taught him so much this year. You could tell she knew each kid so well and worked hard to prepare them for Kindergarten.
Here's Carter with his two good buddies from class, Lane and James. Carter's favorite part of class was the trucks, of course.
Leah, with her teacher Miss Ellen. Leah had a great year too. Miss Ellen's class was so much fun. She said her favorite part was the texture table and kitchen. Depending on the day you ask, you might get a different answer. :-) "Painting, too, but only two kids can't paint at a time!"
Leah, top left getting ready to sing.


Carter's on the top right, singing enthusiastically! He was always so serious in previous shows, but this time he really seemed to be having a good time.
Carter getting a congratulatory hug from Grandpa.

G-ma and Brooks
Cousins - Elliot Leah Carter Crawford Trent and Oliver

Congratulations Carter!!! You did so well in pre-school. Can't wait till you're a big Kindergartener. Next year will be a big step for Leah too. Four days each week in the 4's class. Only one more year till Kindergarten!

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Can your family get any cuter?? Carter looks so big in these pictures. I can't believe he's heading to Kindergarten! He's going to have such a great time. I didn't realize that Leah is going 4 days a week. I'm sure she'll love that, too. Great pictures!

APMom said...

Congrats, Carter, good luck in Kindergarten. You will do great.

Jen, I almost didn't recognize Elliot! He is getting so big!