
This is his birthday party cupcake.
We actually had a nice afternoon outside. Later, a thunderstorm rolled in and the kids ended up on the deck dancing in the rain. I was a party pooper and brought everyone in...just worried about the lightning.
A bubble mower!!! We used to have one of these for Carter, but it broke and then I accidentally ran it over with the car. Put your toys away kids! He was so psyched about the new one.
This is Elliot with cousin Jake in our backyard. Aunt Anna and Uncle Steve bought him this giraffe pool for his birthday. With the hot summer we're having, it's been a huge hit.
Jeremy's Grandpa and wife Betty brought Elliot some new books for his birthday. Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel, The Lion and the Mouse and a foam car for the bath. Betty read the books to the kids after dinner. They love new books!!
Happy Birthday Elliot. You are just the sweetest two-year old! I can't get over how well you are beginning to talk and all the new things you can do. You love your baby bear from Great Grandma and sleep with him every night. Your favorite toys are the loader truck, the red shovel and the orange wheelbarrow.
Your favorite things to eat are pizza, bananas and oatmeal....chips too if that counts as food. I'm honestly just happy you're eating better. You haven't always enjoyed food, and getting you to eat a meal has been a battle most of the time. About the time you started talking, you also started eating, not sure why there's a correlation.
You've been trying to count and sing your ABC's, which is hilarious to hear. Now if we could just get you potty trained!!! So far, no interest...hopefully before the end of summer.
You just passed level 1 in swimming lessons. Way to go putting your head in the water!! After each class, you look back and wave, shouting, "Bye Claire, Bye Sam!" to your instructors. You like to stand on the edge of the baby pool and yell, "Mom, watch this!" and then jump in. I laugh and you do it again, never gets old.
Recently, you started doing somersaults and we're working on pedaling your little tricycle.
Your personality reminds me so much of your dad. You always like to clown around and laugh. If we yell at you for something, you start to choke up and cry, almost in this sweet apologetic way. You're a big sweetheart for such a little guy. Your name definition suits you.....Elliot means charmer all the way.
It's so much fun to watch you grow and change. We love you to pieces Elliot!







2 comments:
What a sweet post, Jen! I love that you added his likes and dislikes at the end...especially his favorite toys. How soon we forget what they used to love as they get older.
I love that you can see so many comparisons between him and Jeremy. Must be the birthday they share! :) Happy Birthday, Elliot!
Ummm...the word I had to type in to submit my comment was "priest." ;)
Post a Comment