Boo hoo, right! I drove away from his school today almost in tears. He runs to the school so joyfully. That part really makes me happy. It's the 7 hours in between that are a bummer. And when I pick him up, the same smile. Every day so far has been a good one, great ones really. Each night he tells me about his day after we put him to bed, a big difference from the first day. It's like a little secret meeting we have. It's so cool how much he enjoys school. He's off to a great start.
I told Leah that I miss Carter this morning and she said, "Me too" in a sad voice. She doesn't have pre-school on Fridays which makes for a long day without her buddy. Hopefully she and Elliot will become better pals. We've been playing a lot of Zingo in the afternoons and cooking together, trying to stay busy during naptime. It is nice having some one-on-one with Leah.
Other good news is we're getting into a routine and I'm finally getting some stuff organized at home. It seems like since Brooks' birth, I have been procrastinating heavily. I weined him over the last few weeks. Now that he can hold a bottle, I'm a little more hands free throughout the day making me more productive. For a while there, Brooks would only nurse lying down in my bed, so every feeding I was going upstairs. He was so distracted otherwise. The bottle gives him the chance to look around. I'm thinking part of my sadness about Carter being at school is secondary to me being done nursing. Hormones are powerful things!
A cute story.....last night we had a pretty big thunderstorm. Elliot was really scared and followed me around the house telling me that there were dinosaurs outside. I kept reassuring him that there aren't dinosaurs anymore and I tried to explain thunder, yes, to a two year old. Carter, the wiser one, came over to Elliot and crouched down. He then said, "don't worry Elliot, God's just bowling".
1 comment:
Oh, Jen--I can see why you miss him...he's such a good little guy! You guys are certainly blessed with four beautiful kids. Since I'm constantly around kids Carter's age, I can tell you that it is very rare to find someone as happy-go-lucky and as compassionate as he is. I'm just in awe of him! I love that he's continuing with his "secret meeting" of telling you about his school day after the other kids are in bed. I can just imagine that continuing through middle school...maybe even high school if you're lucky. :) What a great kiddo!
Post a Comment