Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Leah gets a haircut

Leah would cry just about every day when I'd comb her hair, but insisted that she wanted it long. I negotiated with her several times but never could get her to agree to go to the salon. Finally, Aunt Anna came to the rescue and offered to come along. This made it more of an outing or girl's night. Another friend suggested donating her hair since it's so long. I told her she could help someone else and explained how a wig works, a new concept for a four year old.


She was so quiet and serious during the haircut. We went to Starbucks afterwards for some chocolate milk!




It turned out really cute and is much easier to take care of. No more crying when I brush it. She still gets bed head and we wet it down in the morning, but it combs right through and is much faster. The barrettes stay in now too b/c it's not so heavy.

1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

WOW!!! What a beauty!! I have always loved her hair--long or short. So did she end up donating her hair? They must have taken off a lot! I can't wait to see the 'do in person!