Thursday, June 5, 2008

Visit to the Farm

Our friends, Amy and Jeff have a farm out in PA, a little over an hour from us. Tuesday, Anna and I piled all five kids into my van and went out for a visit. We told them we were going to a farm and when we arrived Carter asked, "Where are the farmers?". I pointed to my friend Amy, definitely not what he envisioned....she wasn't wearing overalls or driving a tractor! Nonetheless, they do own a tractor and have two horses with lots of land.

Amy had invited us out because she knows how much the kids love dirt. They are having a garage built and happen to have a huge pile of dirt in their driveway. The kids played in the dirt and ran through the field. We checked out the horses, but the only willing riders were Anna and Trenton. The other kids were a bit scared and would only feed them carrots.






3 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

How cool that you have friends who have a real farm!!! I'm with Carter, though, as Amy doesn't look like a typical farmer. :) I love that you let the kids play in the dirt. I bet they had a blast! Cute pictures!

Pigtail Mama said...

Jen,

Your kids are SO cute! I can't believe how big they are getting. It looks like they had a blast at the farm! You look great, too! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

:)
Kelly Weseli

Aunt H said...

That is so neat! I LOVE how Leah has dirt all over her - she has to keep up with those boys. :-)

Jen, you can hardly tell you are pregnant! You are too cute.