One highlight: Early in the project, when he was finishing up the plumbing, I was working on dinner down in the kitchen, when all of a sudden water started dumping out of the can light in the kitchen ceiling...not good. Jeremy's not one to panic, but I yelled to him and he came flying down the stairs into the basement to turn off the water. Then began running around the house trying to figure out what had happened. Luckily (sort of), it was the toilet in the kids bath. Due to him turning the water on and off several times during the plumbing changes, we think the pressure change made an already slightly leaky valve fail and water dumped into the bathroom and ran down into the kitchen. It worked out to be a quick easy fix, and free (the best part!).



Right now he's working on the bathroom floor. The next step is painting. Then, he'll have the shower door installed. I'll post some more pics as things progress.

5 comments:
That looks wonderful!! Great handy work, Jeremy! We also can't wait to see you guys in the fall. Hopefully we'll have some exact details soon.
Wow, very impressive Jeremy! And I agree, the arched shelf is oh so fancy!
Jen, do you rent Jeremy out? I've got a few projects I'd like done around here, but neither Darren nor I are really handy at that kind of stuff.
Kel, I'd love to rent him out to you and others. Unfortunately, when it comes to DIY projects, the time estimation most often needs to be multiplied by 3 or 4, meaning he'd be moving in with you guys for extended periods of time! :-) He's almost done though. It looks awesome. We just need to get the glass ordered. I'll post again later.
Wow!!! I am so impressed with his handiwork! Great design, too, by the way. :)
Post a Comment