Sunday, March 29, 2009

Elliot - 9 Months Old

Here's Elliot on March 26th, officially 9 months old. He went to the doctor for his 9 ms check-up and weighed in at 17 lbs. 11 oz., 10th percentile. He had gained 3.5 lbs since the last visit so we were happy that he's growing fine, just still on the smaller side. This week, he's been pushing up onto his hands and knees and likes to scoot backwards. He's been babbling a lot and says Ma-Ma. I don't know if it's official to call it his first word because he says it a lot even when I'm not holding him. Of course, I'd love to think he knows my name! He has three teeth and is working on two more.
His eyes get huge when the flash goes off and this one's evidence of his love for sweet potatoes and carrots. Compared to Carter, Elliot was the color of an oompa loompa! This was taken a few weeks ago and since he's been eating more table food, his color is starting to return to normal.
We're always talking about how much Elliot looks like Carter did. Here's Carter at 8 months old.

3 comments:

APMom said...

Wow! Your boys really do look so much alike at similar ages! I wonder how they will change over the years.

IUgirl78 said...

I agree--they really do look a lot alike! I love the bright eyes picture of Elliot--he always seems so happy. :) I'm also glad that he's doing well and is healthy!

Michelle said...

He is so sweet, Jen! He is almost a carbon copy of Carter. LOVE the cheeks :)