Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A day away!

A few weeks ago, Jeremy and I went to a local spa to celebrate our birthdays. Time together was what we both really needed so we decided to forgo presents and just get away, even for only a few hours. Ginger so generously agreed to watch the kids for us.

We had lunch first on the patio at Gamekeepers. Lettuce wedge and crab cakes. It doesn't get any better! Jeremy had the bison burger, definitely a favorite. The weather was perfect for sitting outside and we enjoyed a nice conversation and some cold beer. Most of the time, we end up talking after the kids go to bed and the house is quiet. We're both usually pretty tired by then. So, it was nice to have lunch, the time of day we both still have energy!

After lunch, we headed over to the Walden Spa for a massage and scrub. We did the couples package. I didn't really know what to expect since we'd never been there before. It was the nicest spa I've ever been to, better than the honeymoon. I don't know if it's because the spa was so nice or I just appreciate relaxation more now that I have kids. The customer service was unbelievable. They made us feel like we were the only people there, even though we knew otherwise. We weren't rushed through. When we got there, she brought us wine and scotch and we got to relax for a while first. I noticed the music right away. It was classical and the song I walked down the aisle to. Crazy. The treatments were wonderful!! After the massage, we had time to get ready before heading back to the munchkins.

Here we are at lunch
A few shots of the room. We never left the room once we arrived, which was so convenient. We would have loved to take the whirlpool tub and steam shower home with us!

The comfy robes were the best!
As we were getting ready, Ginger called to tell us about Carter's spill. He was pushing his bulldozer down the sidewalk. The blade of the dozer slipped into the crack in the sidewalk and he went flying over the top skidding on his face. Luckily, all the scrapes were superficial, but he bled a lot and was really shaken. So, we rushed home to reality.
We enjoyed it so much, I think we're going to combine birthdays, our anniv, mother's day and father's day from now on into one big get-away together each year!! We'll just do cards on the holiday and then enjoy some time away together as the present.

1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

Oh my goodness--his poor little face! I bet that hurt...poor kid!

I'm soooo glad you guys made time for yourselves and got away--even if it was just for a few hours. It is so true how you cherish that time once you have kids. I completely took it for granted before! The spa looked super chic--I need to start planning my getaway soon!