Thursday, August 26, 2010

Brooks - 7 Months



Brooks, now 7 months old, is rapidly changing. He sits up really well and is getting bored with the exersaucer. He sits and plays for a while and then reaches forward landing on his tummy. He's starting to push up and get his hips slightly off the ground and can rotate around to reach different toys.

Brooks is a big drooler, which I'm thinking means more teeth. I usually change him a few times each day b/c his shirt is soaked. Bibs don't work great b/c he pulls them off. We gave him another haircut this week. I think it was his fourth one. I wish he'd use the calories towards chunking up rather than growing hair!! He's long and lean at the moment and super cute! :-)

He's starting to "talk" more and lights up when the other kids are around. I gave him crackers one night and he loved them! After asking my doctor about food at his 6 ms visit, he said hold off for a bit on the solids till 7-8 months. So, this week we introduced Puffs and cheerios. He thought both were delicious.

Sleeping is inconsistent. He mostly does about 8 hours, occasionally 10 or 11. A few times a week he still gets up at 2 or 3. I'm attributing it to teeth, him being sick and me getting mastitis (again!). We're all healthy now, so hopefully things will get better and better on that front. It's amazing what a difference uninterrupted sleep makes.

Happy 7 months Brooks!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe he's 7 months already. These boys (Brooks and Reid) are just so big already. It's sad that the baby stage seems to fly and then the terrible 2s seem to drag. At least that's been the case with Carolyn. Love her but she's such a stinker! Well you certainly have a cute little guy - hopefully my little guy shows up soon and is just as cute :)