Monday, December 13, 2010

Fun in the Mud

There's several feet of snow outside at the moment. School was cancelled for the second Monday in a row! Last Monday Carter was almost in tears when I told him he didn't have school, which kind of broke my heart. I remember how much we used to love snow days as a kid and hearing he'd rather go to school bummed me out. However, we had spent most of the weekend at home so it was understandable that he was in need of a change in scenery Monday morning. Today was a bit different. He seemed excited to be home for the day and we've had a lot of fun hanging out playing games. Carter and Leah even cleaned the basement (without being asked!). There is hope!!

I spent some time finally downloading pictures from the past month and a half and found all these fun pics from a November rain storm we had.....I don't know why I get such a kick out of them getting muddy. It just seems like good pure fun and the way they laugh doing it is a joy to listen to.

So, rather than post about snow I'm posting mud pictures where you can actually still see the grass in our yard, a reminder that the warm weather will eventually return!



I finally got the video link to work....

1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

You are SUCH a good mom!!! I never let my kids do fun things like this. You have reminded me that I need to let the kids have moments when they get dirty and messy...just because they're kids and they can do that sort of thing.

How sweet that Carter was so sad that he had to miss school a few weeks ago. I'm sure that will change over the years as the school work gets harder, but for right now--I'd say that's a good sign that he loves school!