Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Book Club - "The Next Thing On My List" by Jill Smolinski

Excellent fun read. June meets Marissa at a Weight Watchers meeting and offers to drive her home afterwards. They get in a bad car accident in which Marissa is killed. June finds a list in her purse titled, 20 things to do before I turn 25. So distraut by the death of Marissa a total stranger and to get over her guilty conscience, June commits to complete the list for Marissa.

So, our book club assignment was to list 5 things we'd like to do in the next five years....I'm still working on my list. But, so far this is what I have...

1. Take a boxing class. Sounds strange, but I have my reasons. A real boxing class, not just at a regular gym, but I'd really like to box.
2. Take a dance class. I'm pretty self conscious about dancing after kids. I officially feel old and not cool!
3. That's it. I'm still working on the last three. I"ll update later.

The book's great. I recommend it for sure!

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Oooh...sounds like a good read! I'll have to check it out!

I love that you girls are creating your own lists. I would have never pegged you to have an interest in boxing, but I love it! I am right there with you in needing dance classes--which I'm sure is no surprise to you! I can't help that I love to dance but lack the coordination!

Can't wait to hear the other three!

Aunt H said...

That sounds like a wonderful book! And I love your list. I have always wanted to do boxing or something similar, too. I actually took a class last year but felt pretty wimpy - all of the other women were all so strong and ripped. Then there was me. :-)