Jeremy participated in the high school alumni basketball game a few weeks ago. They played to raise money for the athletic department. The spectators enjoyed it as much as the players. A lot of parents and families came. We saw so many people that we hadn't seen in years!
Leah visited Daddy on the bench. They divided the group into two teams, the old timers and recent grads. Jer played for the old timers team. Yikes!
Jeremy, jogging back on defense. He had a few good shots but wasn't able to score. That was pretty much the whole game in a nutshell. They could move the ball pretty well and get open shots, but noone on the old timers' team could score. At half-time, they reset the score so the teams were tied (to make the game interesting!).
The in-laws enjoying the game.
Aunt Kelly with Elliot
Elliot passed out in G-ma's arms.
Jeremy, second from left in the front row.
It was fun to reminisce and talk to some people we hadn't seen in a long time. I always enjoyed Jeremy's sporting events in high school. It was sort of a different thrill now watching him play while sitting in the stands with our kids rather than my friends. Still a really good time!
1 comment:
I cannot wait to get the opportunity to call Jeremy and "old timer." Then again, I think I might be older than him, so I may keep that one to myself...
What a cool opportunity that must have been for him and your family!
Post a Comment