Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Lesson Learned
This morning I loaded the kids in the car rushing off to pre-school. As I backed out of the garage I heard a metal crunching noise. Carter of course says to me, what's that noise? Ugh! I immediately remembered Jeremy saying last night that we've got to remind the kids to put the snow toys away after playing outside. Otherwise they will end up plowed into the snow bank. We've gotten at least 18 inches of snow in the last few days. Anyhow, I got out of the car realizing whatever I ran over was now caught underneath my van. Carter's huge metal toy truck was flipped over and wedged under the car. Not good!! I'm such an idiot for not looking after opening the garage door. I even have the back up camera. Double idiot! So, I moved the car back and forth until the truck was finally released. I'm just now worried that it might have broken something underneath. We're leaving town this afternoon for SC so of course not good timing. It did drive ok to the school, so hopefully everything is fine. From now on, new rule! Toys must get put away when they come inside and mommy needs to make sure driveway is clear before backing out of the garage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Doh! Hopefully nothing was too badly damaged. We've had similar, but fairly inexpensive "lessons" like that too.
Yeah, I think we've all done that before! Thank goodness it was just a toy that can be replaced, you know? I am always in a hurry, too, so I can totally relate to you. Hope you're having a nice trip!
Post a Comment