Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Big Week In Our Nation's History

As Americans, we have so much to celebrate this week...

Monday, Martin Luther King Day - a day to honor a man that stood for peace.

Tuesday, the peaceful transition of power. Our nation inaugurates its first black president, Barack Obama.

Thursday, on the anniversary of the supreme court decision to legalize abortion, Roe v. Wade, a few hundred thousand people will march in Washington showing support for the pro-life movement.

I can't help but think of the significance of these three events all occurring in the same week. What an opportunity for prayer, reflection and consideration for the important issues facing our nation. In reading up on these topics, I found many good articles but just attached a few.

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=42220

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/childress/081028

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/nov/08111705.html

As a family, we will continue to pray for Obama and those in his administration each day. We respect the office even if we don't agree with Obama's policies. I pray that Obama change his views, especially on partial birth abortion and the born alive act. With power comes great responsibility. I hope he does the right thing for our nation and for mankind. We our an example to the rest of the world and without the right to life, we have nothing else.

1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

Great post, Jen! I loved the articles as well. I didn't know Martin Luther King, Jr's niece is a pro-life believer. I am very proud to have former students (who are now in high school) traveling to D.C. for the march. Hopefully that will make a difference--as well as a lot of prayer!