Wednesday, January 6, 2010

3 Weeks to Go

I'm 37 weeks pregnant today and realized I haven't been posting much about the pregnancy thus far. It's really flown by and I've felt surprisingly good considering taking care Elliot, who is only 18 months, keeps me super busy. He's definitely the busiest of our kids thus far and the most demanding. Also, the most cuddliest and affectionate of our kids...not sure how that all comes together but we're so interested to see how he is as he gets older. Elliot is full of personality.

The baby seems great. I went in for a check-up today and I'm measuring on schedule and 1cm dilated thus far. I was a bit dissapointed thinking after the hectic schedule from Christmas that I might be farther along. He said to not be surprised if I stay this way until I go into labor. He said as you have more kids, you don't usually progress before labor begins. Then, it all happens quickly. So, we'll see.....my prediction is Jan. 22nd. The stressful part is the name. We have nailed down a boy's name (not telling though!). The girl's name is another story. It's just so hard this time. All the names we love keep getting ruled out for one reason or another. I'm hoping there's a name out there we just haven't come accross yet, but somehow will before the baby arrives. Or, that we'll have a boy and be set. Either way will be great. I just can't wait to meet him or her.

The room is ready and clothes are washed and put away. I bought diapers and a girl and boy take-home outfit. Just waiting for labor. We do have a few nights out planned up until the 16th. Then, our schedule is clear. So, it might be nice to get through some of that stuff first.

On a side note, yesterday Jeremy and I went out to dinner to celebrate our 7th anniversary. We went to dinner at a little restaurant near the bridge where we got engaged. It was cozy and quiet, just what we needed. The food was also great, carrot cake for desert. Then we made a few Christmas exchanges without having to tell any children to stop touching that and just look, don't touch. I think we spent a half hour in a men's clothing store, just looking around and joking around. On any other day, I would have been in and out in less than 5 minutes, hoping I ended up with the right item. We had a great time together, just the two of us! I'm one lucky lady.

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

37 weeks...I just can't believe it! I am glad you are feeling so well and pray that the next few weeks are just as good. The name thing is so hard, I know. I keep waiting to hear a name that I immediately say, "That's it!" But some names just grow on us, and that's okay as well. Hopefully you have some good ones that you can go to in case you have a little girl. :)


I'm so glad that you and Jeremy enjoyed your date night/anniversary celebration last night. My favorite date nights are when we have done normal stuff, but have had the most fun doing it. It sounds like you had one of those nights! You guys are still the cutest couple ever. Happy Annivesary!!!

Michelle said...

My Dad is still hoping for January 27th - his birthday ;) Glad you are feeling well and you guys better get moving on that girl name, since you're having a girl ;)

Happy Anniversary!! Your wedding was Jan's first US wedding and we still remember it fondly. Love you!!