Monday, January 4, 2010

Snow, Snow and more snow!!!

As I type, Carter and Leah are back out there in the winter wonderland. I'm watching from the window as Carter digs out the opening to the igloo he and Jeremy built yesterday. We've had three solid days of heavy snow, at least two feet and counting, probably closer to 3. It's supposed to continue till tonight sometime. I feel a little like Dr. Marvin in the movie "What about Bob?" standing by the window waiting for the storm to let up. Each time I say to the kids, "I think it's slowing down?!", the snow begins to dump on us again.

So, after two weeks off on break, the kids don't have school again today. The roads are horrible and I'm dying to get out!!! We've been in other than church yesterday morning. However, this has given me a chance to nest a bit. I got all the neutral baby clothes washed and put away. We hung several things on the walls yesterday and went through a bunch of old clothes. The dining room now hosts four boxes of odds and ends ready for donation. If I could just get out of the house in order to unload it all!! Perhaps it will let up this afternoon. I'd like to hit Kohls and grab a boy and girl newborn outfit for the trip home from the hospital. I always purchase one of each and then return what we don't have. My mom washes the outfit while I'm in the hospital and brings it to me at some point during our stay.

Back to the blizzard....Here are some shots from yesterday.

Carter and Jeremy built an igloo. They first made a base, then added wood across the top for a roof, put a tarp over and then more snow.







Then, Leah joined them

Later, they went out again, this time Elliot went too. Jeremy had to hold him most of the time b/c the snow was too deep for him to move around. Leah loved the igloo. She said it was all warm and cozy inside and asked if she could sleep in it....so adventurous!
Carter, climbing into the igloo.
You can see how deep the snow got compared to Leah and Carter.
Jeremy climbing out of the igloo

I stayed in all day for fear of falling and it's freezing cold!! So, all pics are through a window. By tomorrow, we should be able to leave the nest.

2 comments:

Mollie said...

Yikes thats so much snow. Its freezing here, with highs maybe reaching the 30's they say "we haven't had weather like this since 1977". I feel like if its going to be that cold then we too should have snow!!! Looks like fun and hope your feeling well.

IUgirl78 said...

Oh my goodness, that's the fanciest igloo I've ever seen! Adding wood and a tarp??? That's impressive! I loved the video of Carter throwing the snow at the window and then hearing Elliot crack up! Your kids are so precious, Jen!