My camera is on the brink and I can hardly get a decent picture. No, I definitely can't get a decent picture. We were attempting to use his iphone to get a Christmas card picture. They are blurry and dark. Jeremy blames the other four photographers in the house, none of which are him. Anyhow, we're hoping to get a new camera for Christmas. I'm so behind on updates and figure I'll just type little blurbs here and there since I can't post pics.
We're busy getting ready for Christmas. Leah's kindergarten class took a field trip to the tree farm for their annual tradition of cutting the tree for the whole school. This year, Jeremy joined them and he even got to deliver the tree in his truck. :-) They had a great time! A woman at the farm taught them to make wreaths and they each were given hot cocoa, which was of course the highlight. She was still on a caffeine high when they got home from school!
We put the advent wreath on the table, which has greens from the church garden. We light it at dinner each night and say a prayer, this weeks's theme is love, the second purple candle. We also decorated the tree, the top two thirds anyhow. The ornaments continue to move higher and higher as Brooks grabs at the lower branches. I attempted to convince Jer yet again this year we need an artificial tree....never gonna happen! The best time to ask is when we're stringing the lights and half don't work. For now, at least, I'm still vacuuming needles.
1 comment:
I love that the class goes to a tree farm to get a tree for the whole school. What a great tradition! I can relate to all of the ornaments being on the upper half of the tree. Ours started out looking nice, but slowly ornaments have been moved to the top since Reid likes to touch them.
Good luck with getting a new camera--there are so many great models out now. Or you can have mine so I can get a new one. ;)
Post a Comment