We're so excited to announce.......
We're having a baby!!! It might be hard to tell from the scan, but it's a side view of the baby on their back, head to the right, hand by the face (looks like may be another thumb sucker) and the little foot off to the left. Due date, depending on how you calculate, is July 6th. The baby looks healthy from everything on the ultrasound. I'm feeling good and past the really tired phase, thank goodness. The most fun part has been the kids and how excited they are. Carter had been asking when we were going to have another baby. When we finally told them the news, they were so excited and cute about it. It was the night of their school Christmas concert (the same day as the ultrasound) and they told their classes when they got to school, not something I really expected so fast. I mean, we knew they'd tell people, which was precisely why we waited for the ultrasound. I just didn't realize it would be within the hour.
The other cute part was a few mornings later. Carter came in my room and said, Mom I don't think Brooks understands that there's a baby in your belly. I agreed and said, Well he's only two. That's kind of hard for him to get this early. He said, "Yeah, he probably thinks it's a stuffed animal, but Santa gives us stuffed animals. God gives us babies." I really had to pause. Sometimes I can't believe how their little brains think and can put things so wonderfully into words.
Ok, one funny tidbit too. I'm already starting to pop out at 14 weeks and Carter asked, why is your tummy getting big? I thought it was an odd question since he obviously understands I'm pregnant. I told him the baby is growing and getting bigger. He said, "already, it's kind of fast!". Then Leah proceeded to say in a calm, reassuring tone, "mom, you're going to get fat....but then you'll get small again." The wisdom of a 5 and 7 yr. old.

2 comments:
♥ you guys!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I was JUST thinking about you guys the other day and wondered if there would be any more little Klers. I am so, so happy for your entire family!!! I promise to call you soon!
Post a Comment