Wednesday, February 22, 2012

20 Week Ultrasound

Yesterday was our big ultrasound.  We took Brooks and Elliot along since Elliot didn't have pre-school. I don't know why I thought they would be interested in the images on the monitor and excited to "see" the baby.  Elliot kept asking, "Where's the baby?" and I would point to the screen and explain what body part he was seeing.  If he knew the word "boring", he would have said it.  Instead, he said, "well when's it going to come out?"  I think he had more fun playing with Brooks's stroller.

Anyhow, the doctor came in afterward and said everything looks good.  All the organs appear healthy and the due date was the exact same as the last ultrasound.  Based on the profile, we're guessing it's a boy.  However, the tech at one point said "she".  I'm trying not to read into it though because she said she wouldn't even really look to find out for herself.    I told Leah it's going to be great either way, even though she claims to already have enough brothers. :-)

I'm 20 weeks and 3 days along due Sunday, July 8th.  The baby weighs 14 oz.  Heart rate was 149 bpm.

Lots to do before July 8th.  And the summer is filling up fast too.  Jeremy's sister is getting married in October and we have the Brown County trip to look forward to!



 


1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

I'm so glad everything went well with the ultrasound. Oh my goodness, July will be here before we know it!! I meant to let you know that I loved looking through all of your Hawaii pics--it looks like you had a great time! I loved seeing your cute little baby bump, too!!