Thursday, January 21, 2010

One Week to Go....

Still pregnant! I went to the Dr. yesterday and he tells me I'm 2 cm dilated, up from one last week. Based on the position of the head and the amount of back pain and contractions I've had the last few days, he says he'll be surprised if I make it till next week. Let's hope that he's right! Two nights ago, I slept terrible. I was up the whole night with contractions but nothing to write home about, just painful enough to wake me up a million times. Then last night, I slept great! I feel a million times better today than yesterday. The kids are happier too, must have something to do with mommy being less crabby!

I know it's hard on them having me slow impatient and irritable. They can't wait for the baby to come either. Carter asks several times each day, "When will the baby come out?!" which is sort of cute because I thought I was the impatient one. They're really excited. The other day Jeremy took Carter and Leah with him to get his haircut. They shared the chair next to his and talked to the girl the whole time. She asked if they had other brothers or sisters and Leah said yes. She then asked if it was a boy or girl and Leah said, "we don't know yet!". She kind of had a shocked look on her face, but Jeremy jumped right in to clarify that I was pregnant. I guess it was pretty funny.

I'm sticking with the 22nd as my prediction, which is tomorrow!

Here are some belly shots, taken by my photographer Carter.

3 comments:

Mollie said...

Hurry up and get that baby out, I am suprised you have lasted this long!!!! I can't wait to meet this little one, but sad I won't be there to meet, (her) thats my gut these days, you know girls are stubborn and she's waiting for the perfect time to enter the world.

IUgirl78 said...

Okay, it's not really fair that you look so stinkin' cute at 39 weeks! I think my belly is the same size and I have 10 more weeks go to! :) How exciting that you could go any day now!!

By the way, the story about the kids at the barber's. Too funny! It's so precious that they are so excited about their new brother or sibling.

Michelle said...

You look awesome!!! I was hoping for either a 1 week to go update, or some birth details this morning! :) I will really be stalking email now, good luck with everything!