Saturday, July 31, 2010

Brooks - 6 Months

Brooks is now 6 months old! We were down in SC when he turned 6 months and we spent some time visiting my grandparents. I just took Brooks with me to see them since the other kids get a little rambunctious and I wanted to be able to have a conversation. Also, my grandma gives them chocolate and cookies while we're there, only adding to the energy levels. :-)

We had a really nice visit! Notice in the pic a lot of drool on his shirt. My grandma said he must be teething. I thought no way b/c my kids usually get teeth around 9 months. Grandmas know best b/c just after we returned home only a few days later, Brooks got his first tooth on July 28th! The second one arrived Sunday August 1st.

Jeremy and Brooks at the pool on vacation.

We started baby food just after 5 months. He's now getting the hang of it. I feed him rice cereal and fruit for breakfast. Then a veggie mixed with a bit of cereal for lunch and dinner. He doesn't eat a lot each time but is starting to eat more and more. Here he is with a carrot mustache!

Brooks sleeps from about 8pm to 5am on a good night and still gets up around 1 or 2am occasionally. It was rough on v/c because he slept in a pack-in-play and got up a lot. I guess some of the waking up could have been due to teeth now looking back. It's always a guessing game. He's doing better now that we're home.

Brooks is also starting to sit up. He falls over after a few seconds, but loves to play with his toys and read books this way.

Happy 6 months Brooks!

3 comments:

Mollie said...

Love the pic's, miss you guys and the kiddo's. We will try again next time to meet up!

IUgirl78 said...

Wow! Can he get any cuter?! He looks like such a happy little guy. :) Loved seeing the picture of him with your grandma, too. How nice that you got to visit with them. Happy 6 Months, Brooks!

Michelle said...

He is SOOO cute!! I think he looks a lot like Elliot in the picture with your grandma. Can't believe he's already 6 months!