Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Carter Turns 4

Carter turned four on September 22nd. He requested ribs for his birthday dinner. He had them for the first time at a local bbq restaraunt and loved them! My brother Mike coached me through the cooking process, from the rub to the grill and into the oven. They turned out pretty good. Here's Carter with his special red plate!

He also requested yellow cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles on top!
He's outgrown his orange bike already and Leah's been riding it so we bought him a new bike for his birthday. It's a little big yet, but by spring he should be tall enough.
Grandma and Grandpa bought him a new bulldozer. Uncle Matt gave him the crane truck.
Here are Carter and Leah "sharing" the cake. I made the #4 and then cupcakes with the remaining batter.

This is the special red plate, for any special occasion! We got this as a baby gift for Carter and have now just started using it. I found it in the move. What a cool idea!We had a family birthday party on Saturday and here's Carter blowing out the candle on his monster truck cake.
Tinkertoys from Gma and Pop-pop!
A softball from Great-grandma
A truck puzzle from Uncle David.
Carter had a great birthday. It was a lot of fun celebrating. Hard to believe he's already 4. He's getting so big!!!!

3 comments:

Mollie said...

Can't beleive he's four...well yeah I can, I can't beleive I moved there!!! Love the post's keep them coming this way I can stay in the loop and hopefully won't miss too much :)

APMom said...

Happy 4th birthday, Carter! The time sure has gone fast.

IUgirl78 said...

Happy birthday, Carter! Looks like you got a lot of cool toys! Being 4 is the best!!! :) We can't wait to see you next weekend!

By the way, Jen, I love the red plate!