Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rainy Wedding

Carey, a friend from high school, got married a few weeks ago (yes, I'm very behind on the posts). She and Scott met through work and he relocated here from Canada. They were married outside and it poured just before the ceremony. All the guests waited to hear if she was going to move the ceremony inside. Carey made a last minute call and waited for a break in the storm, determined to get married in the gardens. Here they are saying their vows.
After the ceremony, we snuck a shot of them posing for the photographer.


Steve and Jeremy, goofing around in the gardens. Still raining during the reception, they served the coctail hour outside. Anna and I hid out under the umbrella. The reception moved inside and we had a great time dancing and hanging out with the other guests, especially her new Canadian family members. They were characters! One cool detail of the reception was, Carey loves cheese and works for Nestle. Instead of a traditional wedding cake, she stacked rings of fancy cheeses to look like a tiers of a cake. ....wish I had a picture.

1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

I always thought an outdoor wedding would be really cool, but I never wanted to risk it since weddings can be stressful enough as it is! I'm glad they could at least have the ceremony and cocktail hour outdoors! By the way, you guys all looked great!